This article is intended for those who already have a website or who propose to buy. Website – the term comprises three things: Domain, Hosting (Web space) & Web Design
There are many companies that offer these services. I am here to discuss some points about the best and essential things that you must have a thorough check when you get a site through one of these companies.
Now for the article,
Every day I get some calls like this:
* Lord, my domain expires in the coming days, but the company that is registered outside the market, to renew ”
* Lord, I want to transfer the domain to the server, but I have the domain control panel ”
Dear Support Team, the domain was registered through ‘X’ and his name is listed as the registrant and admin contact, help me ”
* I have a site since 1998 but am not getting all he surveys. So what’s the point of it renewed? ”
* My site is down for the most part, you can not do anything about it? “
If you look up, you can observe the common problem. Thus, a checklist is needed for any website. Let’s see one by one:
Domain Registration: CHECKLIST
Once the domain is registered, check these things:
1. This is the domain name registered with an ICANN-Accredited Registrar? (Visit: http://www.icann.org)
2. The name of the holder and administrative contact to show your name / email?
3. Does the service provider of domain registration to give you the Domain Control Panel with username and password to manage / edit the server name and contact information in real time?
4. You can receive reminders at the time of renewal, in advance?
Web Hosting (Web space): CHECKLIST
1. Support, support, support – is a key issue when it comes to hosting. Check the response time of the service provider before making a choice.
2. As people have technical skills? Just put in few queries and see how they respond?
3. Get a quick look at the web site services and ensure that its professional appearance with user friendly navigation and layout.
4. Make sure you list TESTIMONIALS, list of sites hosted with them, discount options for bulk purchase, payment methods. In addition, make sure that no hidden costs. The key part is the look: the available bandwidth for each hosting plan.
5. Several areas in space hosting simple. This is an added advantage and saves you money. One may ask if this option is not provided.
6. Making a thorough study on the hosting plan chosen. Check out all the essential features are provided. To name a few, POP3 email, SMTP support, FTP Account, Control Panel, Webmail, Spam Controller, Antivirus, Web Statistics.
Web Design: CHECKLIST
1. The website designers provide free minor updates or for a nominal fee for an annual contract?
2. It is the professional website and appeals to a worldwide audience?
3. It’s three months since its launch and there is no fruitful application and you’re upset. Wait ….. go to: www.google.com and put the site name and click search. He is shown everywhere in the results?
4. The website designer provided with the monitoring service?
5. The site to take a long time to load. Make sure it loads faster even on slow connections. Too much flash animations, JPEG cuts are no longer an option for the site. Content is king. Make sure your website ‘delivers’.
The above is just the tip of the iceberg. I have compiled the most essential facts of a record of sites, hosting and Web Design.